Welcome to Red Storm Racing. We are a sim racing team with a focus on the Forza Motorsport series.

Now you can access the forum via our new address: www.RSR.club !

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Red Storm Racing » Red Storm Racing » Race at RSR » RSR MX5 Cup Series 1 » MX-5 Cup: Chat Area

MX-5 Cup: Chat Area

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:46 am

Iv got a new tune up if your struggling with the car

27 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 am

Thanks I will try it. I love simulation steering. I found with the regular tune previously it felt a little sketchy on high speed turns. Take the top of the hill at bathurst. That second turn I really have to be gentle on my turn in. With the tune for watchman I found I was able to use much more gas and steering. That being said I felt the quickest way as driving the regular old tune and being super gentle. I thought the miata would be a little more tossable but it really cooks tires once it breaks loose.

View user profile

28 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:48 am

The tune is called Mazda cup you can hit the fast corners hard and I wount brake loose unless you run to much kerb

29 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 am

Pretty far off still at low 17's. Slightly worried here. heh.

View user profile

30 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:21 am

You need to drive it hard almost on the limit seems to work its best there for me at least!

31 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:51 am

I still haven't fully got used to FM5 but I find myself correcting for oversteer that I'm anticipating, but never arrives. The car with any decent tune is very chuckable, and unless you really get crossed up, the oversteer is very progressive.

32 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Just a question. I am working on my livery which i have maybe done twice on forza. The colours i am using are blue and orange. The rsr website vinyl doesnt show up. Can someone make one a different color?

View user profile

33 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Flex wrote:I still haven't fully got used to FM5 but I find myself correcting for oversteer that I'm anticipating, but never arrives. The car with any decent tune is very chuckable, and unless you really get crossed up, the oversteer is very progressive.

^^ This

I am constantly expecting oversteer and then it doesn't happen and I fly into the sandtraps. I'm better than I was when I first started playing FM5 but this car is definitely trickier than it appears to be. Funny thing, the iRacing MX5 Cup is an oversteery bastard, especially in low speed corners.

View user profile

34 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:03 pm

I have loads of oversteer on my set up. I have been drifting around the track.

View user profile

35 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:13 pm

ridin sideways wrote:Pretty far off still at low 17's. Slightly worried here. heh.

I'll be back there with you

View user profile

36 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:34 pm

what creator do i search for for the RSR URL etc

View user profile

37 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:44 pm

I just searched RSR and it pulled up the url. I did one lap and got a 2:17.022.

View user profile

38 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Im hoping to be there Sunday, but if the waters break, i wont partake. I do like the Nurburgring GP layout, it only it would love me back, but im in the 2:16's, maybe a 15 is possible but i get the feeling the talent may have run out by that point.

View user profile

39 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Virality wrote:Just a question. I am working on my livery which i have maybe done twice on forza. The colours i am using are blue and orange. The rsr website vinyl doesnt show up. Can someone make one a different color?
I would also benefit from this...

View user profile

40 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 am

I have one shared

41 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:45 am

All bits you need are from me URL, the RSR logo

42 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 am

Waters break?? Are you expecting Moo? (Or rather your wife?) Shocked

View user profile

43 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 am

Alex of Smeg wrote:
Virality wrote:Just a question. I am working on my livery which i have maybe done twice on forza. The colours i am using are blue and orange. The rsr website vinyl doesnt show up. Can someone make one a different color?
I would also benefit from this...

Just change the colour of the whole vinyl group, or if you want certain colours just ask on here. I'm sure either myself or Boulton can adjust for you, just specify which colour you want (3 down, 12 right etc.)

View user profile

44 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 pm

iv just checked and i have the URL and RSR logo and the novice logo (for the people who have never raced with us before) on my share front

45 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes, technically Tuesday but not sure if he will wait that long. Im just glad to have found a part of my body that still works properly without the aid of industrial strength medication.

View user profile

46 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

I got in down to low 2:17's, need to work on the handling now.

View user profile

47 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Spazz882 wrote:I got in down to low 2:17's, need to work on the handling now.

I recommend RSR Trooper's tune, TCS off and only go into 2nd for turns 1 and the chicane. Car is very grippy and faster with TCS off

View user profile

48 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Well I did a minor tune and dropped a second. 2:16.1... I have everything off to. I have the tray set up as if it was a 5spd. I can run 2nd gear though mus turns.

View user profile

49 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:26 pm

Think I'm around a 14 flat but can't do it lap after lap.

View user profile

50 Re: MX-5 Cup: Chat Area on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:59 pm

ATP Wheelwash wrote:Yes, technically Tuesday but not sure if he will wait that long. Im just glad to have found a part of my body that still works properly without the aid of industrial strength medication.

Ahh congrats dude! Hope all goes well fella Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum